Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival is a 17-day sand sculpting festival that pays tribute to Tampa Bay’s two most valuable assets: our sugar sands and our sunsets!
Head to the beach and enjoy FREE activities for all ages, including a children’s play area, street performers, artisans, live entertainment, fireworks, sand sculpting classes, speed sand demonstrations and the master sand sculpting competition.
The showcase of the Sugar Sand Festival is the main attraction — The Sugar Sand Walk Exhibit. This ticketed exhibit can only be seen once a year, and no two years are alike. Stroll through a 21,000 square-foot tent filled with sand sculpted art crafted by world-class sculptors using Clearwater’s internationally famous sugar sand. These aren’t sandcastles — they’re premiere works of art. Don’t forget your camera!
What You Can Bring (and What You Should Leave at Home)
- Low lying beach chairs
- Pets – only service animals are permitted
- Grills, hibachis, or open flames of any kind
- Glass containers or bottles
- Unauthorized vendors or solicitors
- Tents, canopies or umbrellas
- Firearms, unless otherwise permitted by Florida Statute, Chapter 790 (2011)
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Fireworks or laser pointers
Please leave the beach as beautiful as you found it!